Monday, March 14, 2011

Post #8- More Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Recipes

           
            

            Tonight was my last night at home as Spring Break draws to an end.  My mother prepared a delicious meal and I wanted to contribute by cooking up another recipe from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I tried my hand at the asparagus and morel bread pudding, minus the morels.
            The bread pudding was delicious!  It was a very unique meal, but very easy to prepare.  My mother does not like asparagus, but she gave the bread pudding a taste, and really enjoyed it.
            We changed up the recipe a bit.  Only one person in my family likes mushrooms, so we left out the morels.  Also, Publix was out of spring onions, so we substituted scallions for them since they are in the same family.  The changing of the recipe did not seem to affect the pudding since it still tasted excellent.
            Kingsolver always writes about delicious meals she cooks up for special occasions, and this recipe was perfect for this occasion.  The meal was delightful and a perfect way to end Spring Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment