Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Post #7- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Recipes



      The meals Barbara Kingsolver cooks up in her book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle always sound delicious.  Being a college student, I don't have a lot of time to create full blown meals, but I love to cook healthy food.  Since I am on Spring Break this week, I decided to enlist my mom's help in tackling Kingsolver's recipes.

      For tonight's dinner, we made Disappearing Zucchini Orzo and Sweet Potato Quesadillas.  I've never eaten orzo before, but quite enjoyed the tasty pasta creation.  My dad said it was the best "rice" he had ever eaten (orzo resembles rice but is actually pasta).  The sweet potato quesadillas were an interesting creation, but were also quite tasty.

      The meal was filling and we have plenty of leftovers.  I will be eating the zucchini orzo for the next couple of days for lunch and dinner!  The meal didn't take too long to prepare, probably around an hour.  It is actually something I think I would have time to cook while up at school, and it would leave me with plenty of leftovers for the week.

      My dad enjoyed the meal so much that he told me to come home more often.  I look forward to cooking more of Kingsolver's fresh meals!

      If you're interested in creating some culinary treats, go to this website to try your hand at the orzo and quesadilla recipes, as well as many others!


No comments:

Post a Comment