Friday, April 8, 2011

No Impact Jena



 As part of a class assignment, I recently watched the documentary, No Impact Man.  It is about Colin Beavan and his family making a change in their lives for a year.  For one year, they decide they are going to make zero impact on the environment.  They do this by giving up consumption of meat, eating locally, using no refrigerators, elevators, TVs, cars, buses, or airplanes, creating no garbage, and no material consumption.  Colin Beavan created a one week No Impact Challenge for people who want to try out this lifestyle.
For the next week, I will be participating in the No Impact Challenge.  I know I will never be able to give up cars, or airplanes, or TVs, but I am very interested in what I can do to make a difference.
Colin Beavan created a guide to go with the No Impact Challenge, and each day focuses on a certain issue, asks the individual to do certain activities, and provides helpful suggestions and tips.  I will be blogging about my progress each day, and hopefully inspiring people to try the challenge as well!
 If you are interested in learning more about No Impact Man, go here.  At the website you can find information regarding the film, the book, and the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment